9.23.2012

Let's Study the Word together


So, I'll be honest with you.

I haven't been studying the Word of God like I've wanted to lately (and lately as in a year or so...)

I read it when I can and most of the time it's with the kids or I'm trying to use old methods that have become more habit than heart-changing.  It's not me studying and listening and digging deep.

And I notice things start drying up in my life without that Living Word of God pouring into my being and keeping me drenched in grace.

Over twelve years ago, I had an intense desire to read the entire Bible straight through in one year and I came across the One Year Bible.  It was amazing!  I loved it!  Each day the reading is arranged in such a way that you read chapters from the old and new testament, as well as psalms and proverbs.  It never took longer than 5-10 minutes a day.  God would speak to me in a fresh Word every day.  It's a great place to start and to develop more familiarity and consistency in the Word.   But a couple years ago I noticed that I was starting to just "go through the motions" of reading and not letting it settle deep inside my soul and meditate on it, memorize it, and let it transform me.  I knew I needed to do more studying and not just ritual reading.  

So when Beautifully Rooted announced that we would be offering an online Bible Study by Beth Moore on the Book of James, I was over the moon excited.  I knew I needed the accountability and the community and I've always loved Beth Moore's style of diving into a book and taking it apart word for word, verse for verse.

We just finished Week Two of the study James:  Mercy Triumphs, but it's not too late to jump in!!  I promise that it is absolutely life changing!  God has spoken such deep truths to my heart already.  I shared a few of them on Beautifully Rooted today.  If you want to join this online community of sisters studying the Word together, you can order the member book online or you can download the app James: Mercy Triumphs and it has everything you need.


Welcome to Week Two of James: Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore!

 I am amazed by how God works. He arranged for this bible study to come into my life at a time when I needed it most and then he orchestrated it all in such a way that I would have the opportunity to share on the very. verses that are challenging me to the core and have the power to change my life.

I've always loved the book of James, the raw honesty, the no-nonsense approach to life and trials. It's real, it's relevant, but it's rarely easy to digest. In fact, if I'm completely honest, the opening verses of this chapter have always been kind of mind-boggling to me.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance" James 1:2-3

CONTINUE READING OVER HERE AT BEAUTIFULLY ROOTED....



1 comment:

Leslie @ top of the page said...

i love beth moore's studies. each one is so powerful. i look forward to doing this one someday. i too read the one year Bible and it changed my life. i can mark that season in my life as having my first real glimpse of God's love for His lost children. the Bible as a whole is truly one great love story.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape