3.05.2012

a rocket and a rainbow birthday


We partied ya'all.  
Celebrated four years of twindom!  
And now I know why cakes are so expensive.  It took me almost two days to make these!  But I really wanted something special for each twin and I let them choose what cake they wanted me to make.  Boston's heart was set on a rocket ship and Astair saw a rainbow cake on pinterest and fell in love.  At first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I'm really happy and more than a little surprised at how they turned out.  And they even tasted good, too!  If you know me, this is a major accomplishment.  I have a Betty Crocker complex and the kitchen is intimidating territory, but no more!  Step aside, Ms. Crocker, I've got two successful cakes under my belt.

We had loads of fun and I just loved how Boston and Astair's faces lit up when we sang them happy birthday and they got to be the center of attention.  Being the middle children and twins to boot,  it doesn't happen as often as it should.  It was pretty wonderful.  Boston was glowing and Astair was shyly soaking it up.  I love these kids.

I took tons of pictures and here are just a few:
















The end of a very happy birthday.

24 comments:

Joy said...

You rocked those cakes! Great job!

Love the fun details you put into the party!

Sarah said...

Wow, you are definitely super mom. I can't believe you made those cakes yourself!!! The color theme is perfect too. Amazing job!

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

oh my goodness the cuteness is going to kill me!! HOW adorable!!!

Kelly said...

those cakes are the BIZ-NASS, WOW.
it look like y'all had so much fun.

Shades of Gray said...

WOW! Absolutely love those cakes! I just adore the rainbow cake! Looks like a lot of fun!

carissa said...

i love every little pretty detail. the colors are so dreamy. your pictures are too. my absolute favorite part is the banner on the cake. you go, mama!

Holly said...

such cute cakes! and i love your rainbow party!

Tamara said...

Cake job = perfection.
Everything was so pretty! (esp those two S-N-L's

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

so cute! looks like you had a fab time...and the cakes look awesome! ;)

Contemplating Beauty said...

guuuurrrl I can't believe you made that layer cake, BOOM BOOM POW!!!
Way to go, and kudos! Looks like it was a blast for you all, thanks for sharing with us!!

arielle elise. said...

wow! that layer cake is so cute! what an adorable party. looks like you all had a lovely time!

Kelly said...

You did an amazing job on the cakes! The whole party is adorable!!

Mary said...

GREAT job, momma!
i love every last bit!!!
xo

Christie Otts said...

I'm obsessed with the rainbow cake!! How did the make it? Boxed mix and food coloring? How did you get such bright and pretty shades of colors?? LOVE!!!

Dee said...

aw, they're so blessed - i always wished i had a twin brother... :)

~d.

grey rose (they/them) said...

your color palette here is rockin' my socks. the cakes are adorable, and i am just swoony over every detail of darling. nice job!
xo

Unknown said...

Oh my word what a beautiful, wonderful party - I love it, especially all the colors!!!

Missy said...

Awesome cakes!!! I'm impressed! I always used to rock the betty crocker cakes myself and then my sister learned how to decorate cakes. Now I don't even have to worry about it. lol

P.S. I have a confession....I.am.addicted.to.Pinterest. =)

Anna is Bambi said...

The cutest party ever! Lovely colours and so tasty cake! :)

Sarah said...

happy happy day! Such a joy to splash around with you today. I've jumped back into the blog pool and will be splashing quite a bit more.

Splashin'
Sarah

mercedesrenee said...

What an adorable little party! My baby sister will be turning 1 this year and I definitely want to try a colored layer cake! :)

Shonni said...

I love you blog design. Can you tell me if you did it or someone else?
Thank you,
Shonni
nationsaroundourtable.blogspot.com

Melissa Enault said...

amazing job on the cakes and the party decor is beautiful! I'm new here and to the world of blogging and I'm excited to read all of your upcoming posts!

Melissa @ www.thelifeofanotsoordinarywife.com

Victoria said...

Awww. what a sweet sweet birthday idea! I have 3 yr old b/g twins too and it can be hard to make the day special for them both. I love love love this idea:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape