1.02.2011

all things new

(photo source: my amazing and super uber talented husband)



My dearest Jesus,

I'm about to burst with thankfulness for all the dreams you've made come true for me this year, for all the blessings I didn't deserve but you gave me anyway, for loving me so relentlessly.  Your grace has carried me.  Your arms have comforted me.  Your words have spurred me on. 

I've been surprised by you.  
The gentle way you lead me.  The patience you have with my shortcomings.  The way you teach me...oh, the way you teach me.  Over and over again.  That you are not angry with me.  You're not disappointed with me.  You love me just the way I am.  And you've told me it just like that.  

I think I'm finally getting it. 

Something has been happening in my heart.  When you correct me in that undeniable love of yours, I used to wallow in self-pity and shame.  I used to feel a keen disappointment, as though I had let you down.  But oh how you've been freeing me.  Your grace flowing sweetly, enabling me to change.

Two thousand eleven glistens with promise, all shiny and new and untarnished.  And I have resolved not to blemish it's prospects by adding resolutions well short of it's luster. 

You know I am one of those sorts who are sometimes afraid to aim high because I fear falling far below the mark.

But if you are the mark, Jesus, then how can I fail?

I can only soar.

My one resolution this year will be to love you more fervently, to know you more deeply, to follow you more closely.

Hand in your hand.  

Your heart leading the way.

14 comments:

Breeanna @ a brilliant melody said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

~Breeanna

Lara said...

Amen. Loving Him really should be our highest goal.

PaisleyJade said...

Oh that is my desire too - to know Him more deeply and follow after him!!

BARBIE said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. I too have made a commitment to love Him more, to know Him more this year!

Southern Gal said...

So beautiful. It my desire to know him more, love him more, to be like him. May your new year be full of good and perfect gifts from the Father of lights, Joye.

miranda said...

This is so well said, I feel every word you wrote. Thank you for posting this, I enjoyed reading it. May your prayer be answered for 2011, I'm sire it will!
Happy New Year!!

danielle @ take heart said...

girl, thank you for this. you heart is as mine. i am praying this year to trust wholeheartedly in our Savior, and fall more in love with our maker.

Mich said...

What a beautiful prayer.

Amen to every thought.

Lisa Grace said...

So beautiful. So precious and intimate. Thanks for sharing.

As always, enjoying your thoughts!

Kristin said...

Wow, Joye.....another absolutely beautiful post! I love that..."if you are the mark Jesus, than how can I fail". That is something I need to really learn! I love it!

Ashley S. said...

I really love your blog! I am new to the blogging world, and have been searching for other blogger moms! It's so nice to find other Christian mom bloggers out there!

http://www.themommyhoodadventure.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

wow...beautiful Joye, this is my desire too. Happy New Year to all.

katy said...

wonderful and beautiful resolution. :) this is such an encouraging read - thank you for sharing!

thank you for the comment! God's best to you too. :)

Cynthia said...

It's wonderful how wise you are in your young age. You are figuring out now what it has taken me 35 years to figure out myself. I often get very upset with myself for having let God down so much during all these years. I knew better, just thought I could handle things...I feel like I was acting like the Israelites when in the desert. I now know that God has so much more patience than we could EVER imagine. Hope you have a wonderful new year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape