2.11.2010

Being His.


Valentine's day is just around the corner.
And Love is in the air.
Love IS the air I breathe.
It fills my lungs, lingers in my senses, reminding me that I am loved.
Deeply.
Divinely.
By a Savior who is the very definition of love.
It's written on His hands.
My name.
Tattooed on nail scarred palms.
It's in the shape of a cross,  the gentle breath of grace, my hiding place.

I am loved.
Extravagantly.
Fanatically.
So my Jesus tells me.
In love letters He writes me when I'm still enough to listen.
In sweet serenades from chickadees and little lilting voices.
Warm blankets and tender looks.

And my love for him?
So meager.
Meted out in half-finished devotions.
Exhausted metaphors.
A half-lit flame I'm ashamed to have let sputter.

Jesus-whispers fill my soul, "Be Mine."
"I am already yours."

My heart longs to answer.
Throw blazing logs of love on this fire.
Let the desire of heaven spark my own.
Turn these cold ashes into burning embers.
Jesus is waiting.




(If you visited this page and there was no picture:  my little ones published this post before it was finished!  LoL.)

25 comments:

Mich said...

beautiful...

Charity said...

His banner over me is love, that is what we keep saying. The girls are enjoying studying His love this season. Your writing is so beautiful, you paint a perfect word picture.

Cha Cha

Kelly said...

Love this!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!
Wylie

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

We are so lucky, we are so blessed to be so extravagantly loved! Beautiful post! ♥

Christina said...

I have to agree with the other ladies, this is just beautiful!

BARBIE said...

This is beautiful! Did you write this? I would love to share it with a few ladies I know who I believe would be blessed by it.

Joyeful said...

Thank you for the kind comments, this has been on my heart lately.

Yes, I did write this Barbie and feel free to use it : )

Jocelyn said...

That was beautiful. Isn't our Saviour amazing? We are so blessed to be loved so much.

Unknown said...

girl this is take-your-breath-away beautiful -- you are amazing Thanks for sharing and for the encouragement you constantly bring!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Mrs. B said...

this is so beatiful, mama.

Amy said...

GOOOOSEBUMPS~ Gorgeous poem.. I love this post!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joye.

This is gorgeous.

And something I need to read as we enter the weekend of S.A.D. aka Valentine's Day.

You have such a beautiful gift of words.

I am going to save this as a reminder.

:o)

Fiona said...

Beautiful!!

Hope you're all feeling better now too.

Lovely Little Nest said...

Love it! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Beth in NC said...

So wonderful!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wendy said...

BEAUTIFUL Post!

Tracy said...

Throwing blazing logs of love on this fire...that is exactly what it feels like. Thank you so much for this post.

I left something for you on a post today. Check it out if you have time.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, heart-felt written post!

christy rose said...

This was just beautiful Joye!

bonnie, momma said...

I just became a follower of your blog- I came across it last night- I love it! I posted your page on my daughter's blog... I hope that's Ok.
I also have a cupcake business
sweetstellatreats.blogpspot.com
Take a look if you get a chance- I look forward to reading more later!
Bonnie from NC

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love this...amazing post...

Laura said...

This is incredible, Joye. Would you mind if I posted this in an upcoming blog entry and linked back to your blog? It's just beautiful.

Marijah said...

Aw, Joye.....my dear, sweet neighbor!

I hadn't read your blog in a while, and then I come and see this, and whaddya know, a minute later I'm teary-eyed.

Thank you....for reminding me of His extravagant love......

(:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape