11.24.2009

giving thanks.


Lately, I see it everywhere.

And it's truly wonderful.

Giving Thanks.
It's breathing in crisp morning air after a night of lost sleep and feeling rejuvenated...

Counting change to buy groceries and realizing you have a little more than "just enough"...

Piling yet another load of laundry onto an already immense mountain of clothing...

At least three pairs of muddy shoes on the back porch and still no bare feet...

Dirty dishes in the sink, little hands leaving smudges, little hearts yours to fill...

Waking up too early and falling asleep with wee ones snuggled close under fuzzy blankets...

Uncertain what tomorrow will bring, but knowing there will always be enough...

Because everyday it is the same--God is faithful and unchanging...

His hands held out in invitation...a dance with Him as thanks is given.

**And oh! what fun!  I am featured on Tip Junkie today!

13 comments:

Veronica said...

So thankful for his faithfulness too!

Mich said...

this was beautifully said.

Happy Thanksgiving week!

christy rose said...

So many lovely thoughts of God's goodness and faithfulness!

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Joye!!

Summer said...

Gave me chills, Joye... :)

Thanks, my beautiful sister!

Darcie said...

You always have such a beautiful way of putting it into words.

If I don't get back around this week...have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your words are so vibrant! you know exactly what to write. Beautiful.

Lauren said...

You always know just what to say to touch my heart so perfectly!! I love your writing so much and I love this post especially!!

I can't wait to bring home our little smudger and deal with sleepless nights and muddy boots ... for these things we should truly be grateful!!

September said...

Life in true perspective - a truly wonderful post- and more things for me to think about being thankful for.
( the little hand-smudges on the wall got me!)
Thank Joye!

Natalie said...

Amein! Thank you for this post. You are a blessing to me.

Unknown said...

Thankful for you and for Him!

Daveda said...

Hi, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you will join me over at Grace Talk With Daveda in Touched By The Fathers love. Please come on over and check it out!

Being Loved By Him, With You,
Daveda

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Loved this, Joye...I am so thankful for all the ways our God is faithful, too! Hope you all had a wonderful and abundantly blessed Thanksgiving!

Love to you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape