7.13.2009

make your own bubbles



Has anyone else been just a little aggravated with bubbles lately?

I mean, they just don't make them like they used to.

Today Lil Man and I tried to blow bubbles, but we couldn't make a bubble to save our lives.  Grrrrrrrrrr.  What is up with that?  Okay, so the pregnancy hormones aren't helping the situation either, but bubbles should be easy, shouldn't they?  And fun!  

I love watching my kids giggle and run after them, trying to catch them, pop them, and sometimes even eat them.  But bubbles aren't just for kids.  They're for grown-ups too.  Imagine blowing all your cares into their shiny wet spheres and watching them float away.  I think we should blow bubbles every day! 

My Mother-in-Love has a great recipe for HUGE bubbles.  We're talking enormous, whatever size you wish for, bubbles.
Here's her Big Bubble recipe (that works!):

1 Cup Ivory Liquid (no degreaser)

12 cups water

3/4 Tablespoon glycerin (found in drug department of Walmart)

Stir together and leave uncovered overnight. It works better. 
Cut out wand from tops of old plastic containers, the larger, the better.

Have fun!

The best thing about making your own bubbles?  You can get totally creative and use just about anything as a bubble wand!  

It's fun, it's free, it's fabulous.

So go blow some bubbles.


19 comments:

Kristin said...

Hooray for bubbles!!!!!!!! :)
We have to have bubbles at every party....it's a must!

Adeye said...

Oh wow--I so did not want to jump to any conclusions after your last post :) That is absolutely amazing news. Wooohooo, I am rejoicing with you here in CO. Another little blessing for the Kingdom, another mighty warrior! Praise God.

Oh, and thanks for the bubbles too :)

He & Me + 3 said...

We love bubbles. I may have to borrow that recipe. Super cool.

Jenilee said...

THANKS!!! That looks like ALOT of fun! :)

Amy said...

I must have missed your last post, because when I just read this about the bubbles and it said pregnancy hormones...I was like, wait a minute??? :) Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Did this have anything to do with anniversary get away??? Ha! I will be praying for you, your baby and your family during this beautiful time.
Amy

Amy said...

I must have missed your last post, because when I just read this about the bubbles and it said pregnancy hormones...I was like, wait a minute??? :) Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Did this have anything to do with anniversary get away??? Ha! I will be praying for you, your baby and your family during this beautiful time.
Amy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! Bubbles aren't great anymore and it is so frustrating! I will be making me some new bubbles now! Thanks!

Holly said...

I agree, bubbles seemed to last a lot longer when I was a kid. I love blowing bubbles. I used to love blowing them and watching the dog chase and eat them.

Pilar said...

Fun, fun. LOVE making bubbles with my girls, I will have to check on that!

Mich said...

You are such a fun mom!
Congrats on the new blessing. :)

christy rose said...

Great idea! Thanks Joye! I will let you know if it works as well for us!
Christy

Unknown said...

I love the idea of blowing all my problems away in a big bubble! Now that would be something!! jeje..
We all know the solution though. ;)

Now we have a fun "solution" for bubbles too! I wonder what glycerin is in Spanish. I will Have to look it up.

We had huge bubble wands my mom sent me till the boys took them apart to use the sticks as swords. :)

YOur box is on it´s way. Hope it makes it ok.

Big Hugs!

September said...

Awesome! I have used this recipe, and it is so fun! Thank you for posting it,, it reminded me to try it again!
Special Blessings to you as this new little one is being "knit together."
I am so very happy for you Joye.
God Bless.

Martha said...

Pregnancy hormones?! Girl, I oughta put you in the corner for that :o) no more discreet little hints!!

CONGRATS, I am soooOooooo thrilled!!!!!!

Now... share some of that fertility dust or I'll be forced to bang down your door and demand some! o_O

I'm sorry, did that sound a little "the hand that rocks the cradle"

You still wuv me right? <3

((tip toes away))

really.truly said...

I've often tried recreating that bubble recipe...I never get it to work. I love bubbles...they are just plain fun.

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

I LOVE bubbles!! I've been needing to stop & do something fun with my kids... something to remind them that I'm not all 'business'.

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a message. I'm really excited to read your story and learn more about you.

Many blessings!

Your sister in Christ,
Allison

LisaShaw said...

Hi Sweetie,

I have to confess that I love BUBBLES!!!

I came by to say hi and to send my love and prayers to you and your precious family.

Love ya and so glad I could visit today.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what great pictures.....enjoyed my visit tonight....

Katie said...

I need to try this. I know that Gazillion bubbles are really good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape