2.11.2009

Spoken Words

"The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created.
He breathed the word, and all the stars were born...
Let everyone in the world fear the LORD, 
and let everyone stand in awe of him...
For when he spoke the world began!
It appeared at his command.
The Lord shatters the plans of the nations
and thwarts all their schemes.
But the LORD's plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken."- Psalm 33:6-11
"The Lord merely spoke and the heavens were created..."  Over and over again in the word of God I read about the power of God's voice.  He made us in his image and he gave us something he didn't give anything else in his creation:  a voice.  Then he tells us in Matthew 17:20,  "if you have faith as small as this mustard seed you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there', and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."  Wow.  I'm learning to watch what I say.  Have I been telling mountains to move or have I been creating them?   

Then in Matthew 18:18 he says, "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."  We have what we say.  I want to speak life and truth over myself, my family, and those I meet, but that doesn't always come easily!  Sometimes it feels like ignoring the obvious.  For example, we were renting the house we live in and we had been trying to get a loan for 2 years.  It felt impossible.  I was getting so discouraged, but God kept impressing on me to confess that the house was ours and that our loan was coming.  And it did!!!  God is good and He is faithful!  He's given us His Word and nothing is impossible for us!  It's good to remind myself this when I get overwhelmed with my role as mother to three!!  God believes I can do this. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape