2.17.2009

Finding Joy- Part I

Today it seemed nearly impossible to spend any focused time with my Father.  My Bible reading felt rushed and forced.  My prayers scattered and few.  I felt drained just trying to teach, correct, train, love, soothe, entertain, cook, feed, and clean!  My fuel tank is starting to sputter and I know I need an oil-change--a good old-fashioned tune-up!  Thank God for the One Year Bible!  It helps keep me accountable in my Bible reading.  And Lord knows I need that!   Every day there is a passage from the Old Testament, the New, and Psalms and Proverbs.  It helps bring more Godly discipline into my life (I'm your typical unorganized, spontaneous procrastinator)!  Days like today show me just how desperately I NEED the Word of God.  And I need to read it in a way that invites the presence of God in my life.
"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11
When Joel and I gave each other our Valentine's Day cards--we wanted to be there when the other one opened it.  And while we read each other's cards, we felt like we needed to 'explain' why we picked that particular card out and what phrases were the most important to us.  We wanted to make sure the other one understood exactly what we were saying.  We wanted them to feel our love for them all over again and it was important that we were together.  Isn't this what God desires to do while we read our Love Letter from Him?  He desires to read it with us--and point out the things He wants our hearts to grasp.  And in so doing, He will fill us with joy and give us strength!  So, slow me down, Lord, and please top off my tank!
"Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place."   I Chronicles 16:7

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape